Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Think of us as Mayberry meets the Metropolis.


"All we try to be are good honest folks. Think of us as Mayberry meets the Metropolis."

Yesterday I finally got a chance to visit the famed Carrboro, NC (just outside of Chapel Hill). I was told by many in San Francisco that I would love this place and they were right. It's full of bikes, organic food, gardens and chickens in backyards. There's a dairy farm up the street from an ice cream shop. So I ask myself why I'm i going back to school again when there's so much to enjoy here?!



Last night I had a tasty meal with my wonderful friend Alisa who showed me around. I was instantly reminded of how much joy one can experience over good food and conversation. I know things are different here, but the more i reach out the more this feel like home. Alisa also showed me around UNC's beautiful campus and most importantly pointed out the music venues - cat's cradle and a hidden one - that i can't seem to remember now - where new music acts show-up. I'm going to definitely try to make time to become a part of that scene even if it's once a term. so now i have 2 possible venues for shows! That means Natalie, Mischa, Amit, Casey, Lilly, Katy, Pete, Kimra and Abby you have no excuse not to come visit me!



For more on Carrboro, NC: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrboro,_North_Carolina

4 comments:

kathryn said...

Was it Local 506?

http://www.indyweek.com/gyrobase/Content?oid=oid%3A115565

SergtPeppa said...

How long are you in NC for? I want to see shows too but won't be back permanently until October of 2009...your little sib

Pete said...

I'm so psyched that you have a blog! We miss you, Roro, but a trip to the northern South (?) will be in the offing sometime next year -- my sister just moved to Manassas, VA, and one of Kimra's bestest buds is from Raleigh, so it has to happen.

Unknown said...

Yay! I'm so glad to hear that it's starting to feel like home for you... as it should it will be for the next 2 yrs! I'll come for the dairy farm, ice cream shop, good food and conversation :)