Thursday, July 31, 2008

All's Good in the Neighborhood



The last couple of days have been filled with reading about the nature of institutions and how they related to the establishment of economic development (specifically Botswana) and reviewing math - probability, standard deviation and the like. I'm trying to keep focused and remind myself I signed-up for this : ) But I have to say even though I have so much to do I'm excited about learning!
 

Tomorrow is orientation so a group of us that live in West Village decided to meet-up. Now the majority of 1st years live at Alexan Place or Station 9 - basically they're "business school dorms." I'm actually glad I'm closer to downtown and where most of the social events occur - I love being able to come and go as I please. And I like I'm going to need a break from everyone. So there are only 9 of us living here, but I know I've made a great choice. Everyone comes from such great backgrounds. We had coffee and drinks at parker and otis (http://www.parkerandotis.com/). I have a feeling I'll be going there a lot. So if you come to visit I'll definitely take you there for brunch.

2 comments:

Jules said...

I am so happy for you. I think you will have a fantastic time in NC. I'm on my way to DC right now for my big schooling adventure. We have to make it a point to see each other!

-Julia

SergtPeppa said...

How did you choose Botswana? Your housing sounds like a good choice - it's nice to be away from everyone and close to the fun!