Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Let it begin!

So, as many of you know I've moved. I left San Francisco July 1st to begin grad school at Duke University the Fuqua School of Business (http://www.fuqua.duke.edu/mba/daytime/). I live in downtown Durham, an area that has been going through redevelopment for the last couple of years. My apartment is in a refurbished tobacco factory and full of dogs! So I get a little bit of Dolores Park with me!

I just finished Math Camp and let's just say I have a lot to review. Math in the world of finance and accounting is pretty different from mechanical engineering and product design. Everyone I've met so far is super nice and has amazing backgrounds - from NYC bike messengers to South African aid workers to Brittney Spears back-up dancers! I'm crossing my fingers that Duke has filtered out the jerks and this will be a MBA experience where I can focus more on my work and less on navigating people issues. I'm excited to begin this next phase of my life.
Change is scary, but growth is beautiful!

1 comment:

SergtPeppa said...

Congrats, sib! This sounds super exciting! Your classmates sound amazing!